Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:42:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LaTeX2e-97.06

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, David E. Cross wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with both the package and port LaTeX2e-97.06
> on 2.2.5-RELEASE, I have reinstalled the package 2 times, and the port
> will not even build.

I know there was a problem in the past with the packaging of TeX.
When two packages install files with the same name and packages
are made after installing both, at least one of the packages will
contain the incorrect files.

To do it properly, you would have to build, install, package and
remove each port separately instead of building all, then
packaging all. I don't know if the package building for the
releases was fixed in this respect....if not, I'll bet that is
the problem.

-john