Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 13:10:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GCC problem ??

David,

The problem here is that xemacs21's patch-aj is setting up a special
case for alpha which omits  /usr/lib/crti.o  and  /usr/lib/crtn.o.

I don't pay much attention to such things.  I assume these files did
not exist on the alpha at some point in the past, but the toolchain
changed sometime prior to 4.3-RELEASE so these files now exist on the
alpha.  When did that change occur?  Is it far enough in the past so
that it is safe to simply cvs rm that patch?

Drew