Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:48:16 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Shaun Q." <kb8rjy@m-net.arbornet.org>
Cc:        Bernard.Steiner@de.uu.net, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, matt@nmedia.net, ppbus@smith.net.au, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr
Subject:   Re: zip drive problems

> Well, I just spent 2 and a half hours on the phone with Iomega, and found
> out that they have changed the ROM chip in the parallel zip.  I'm working
> on getting the correct specifications for the new chip but I'm having
> problems finding anyone who knows what they are talking about.

Changing the ROM itself shouldn't cause any problems.  It sounds though
as if they have changed a great deal more than just the ROM.

> If anyone finds a solution for this problem I would be incredibly
> grateful.

Indeed.  If you *do* have any luck with this, please let us know!

--
\\ Sometimes you're ahead,                  \\ Mike Smith
\\ sometimes you're behind.                 \\ mike@smith.net.au