Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 07:21:25 -0600
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Exabyte 8200

FreeBSD doesn't like Exabyte 8200s at all. I've tried with a 1540B, a 1742,
and a 2940. And no matter what controller I use it's really flakey and
unreliable. I've tried two different 8200s that I have lying around (mostly
because nothing else really likes them either), and I sorts get OK results
with tar -b 32 (16k blocks)... but any other block size and it barfs.

Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do to force it to write 16k
blocks regardless of the write size?