Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 1998 14:53:35 -0500
From:      dmaddox@scsn.net (Donald J. Maddox)
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't get Linux-gdb (from ports collection) to work

On Sun, Feb 01, 1998 at 11:42:13AM -0800, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Hi Guus,
>
> Earlier linux binutils have been reported to be buggy with respect
> to Mesa-lib or so has been posted on 3dfx.glide.linux.
>
> 	Cheers,
> 	Amancio

Ok, if people are having problems with old binutils under Linux, I
guess we can hardly expect them to be problem-free under Linux emulation :-)

I guess I'll have to move to a cross-development environment for
building Linux stuff.  It would be nice, though, if someone who actually
uses Linux (and has commit privs) could update the linux_devel port...