Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:43:00 +0100
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        Mikolaj Golub <to.my.trociny@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partial kvm dumps

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:45:58 +0300
Mikolaj Golub <to.my.trociny@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://code.google.com/p/trociny/downloads/list
>
> I would like to hear what other people think about this. It looks
> very useful for me. At least as a first step it would be nice to
> extend KVM to work with partial dumps so the users could try this and
> see if it turned out to be useful.

Having recently been debugging core dump support in the base system
utilities I spotted what looks like a bug in your code: the 'execfile'
parameter to kvm_open or kvm_openfiles should be NULL if you want to
use the kernel from the running system; some people may not be running
a kernel from "/boot/kernel/kernel" by default.

--
Bruce