Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:17:15 -0400
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail Procmail & SpamAssassin

I need just a little push to get this going. I have sendmail 8.12.3, procmail
3.22 and spamassassin 2.20 queued up on FreeBSD 4.5 upgrade and it's just
about to work.

I couldn't get the spamass milter to compile so I am calling procmail from
the users $HOME/.forward file.  It then processes all mail to spamassassin
which returns marked up mail.

The next recipe is supposed to send all of the marked up mail to the user on
another smtp server with an action line that reads:

! username@othersmtphost.tld

Nothing doing.  Im my maillog I get messages:

sendmail[24017]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(mailusername): can not chdir
(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied

sm-mta[24030]: g3QLqBe5024030: localhost [127.0.0.1] did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

I think this is probably related to the way procmail execs sendmail
and the fact that /var/spool/clientmqueue is owned by smmsp:smmsp but I'm
stumped about what to do about it.

Sendmail is running as a daemon with flags = "-L sm-mta -bd -q30m" if it
makes any difference.  I think the procmail call is a new instance, however.

Help :-(

--
Jim Flowers<jflowers@ezo.net>