Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 21:30:10 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Penisoara Adrian <ady@ady.warp.starnets.ro>
To:        Jamie Rishaw <jamie@dilbert.iagnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: News Server SCSI Problems (SUMMARY)

Hi !

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Jamie Rishaw wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied to my SCSI problems.. If anyone remembers, I
> was getting hard halts on the box with a lot of LAST-PHASE= and
> "ahc0 timed out while waiting" errors.
>
> I was told that it was a buggy ahc driver..
>
> I upgraded to 2.2-RELENG via cvsup, recompiled and the machine has been
> up and stable for going on ten days now.
Does this fix occur in 3.0-current too ? I have the same kind of problem
(crashing when there is overload on both SCSI and network subsystems).
>From what I know the answer should be yes, because some 2.2-RELENG fixes
were taken from 3.0-current; anyway I must be sure on that, next month
I'll do a full server upgrade (from zero).

Thaks.

> (It never exceeded two with the old kernel).
Lucky me, I got 12 days at maximum ! :)

Ady (@warp.starnets.ro)