Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:56:57 -0500
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        gamito@netual.pt
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Totally lost

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 08:23:40PM +0000, Mário Gamito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i install FreeBSD 5.3, libtool, automake and autoconf don't get
> installed.
>
> I upgrade the ports.
> After that is the total confusion.
>
> One program wants libtools version x, another, y ando so on.
> Some thing to automake and autoconf.
>
> How do i solve this mess ?
>
> I'm driving nuts :(
>
> Any help would be apreciated.

I suggest breaking the problem(s) apart by starting with one single
port you need; one generally found on many systems.

But prior to that, tell us more or less where you are in the
installation process for this particular machine; also tell us what
this particular machine wil be used to do: home desktop, webserver,
shell server, print server...or something else altogether.