Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 09:42:27 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OS survey under .RU (Russia) domain

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:42:56AM +0400, Alex Kapranoff wrote:
> This could be interesting to someone here.
> Netstat.Ru web-site (www.netstat.ru, in Russian) renders statistical
> data on different OS'es usage on russian Internet hosts (probably web
> servers only). The diagrams don't require russian language skills. See
> the figures below:
<...>

Yes, I was aware that BSD use is quite wide-spread in Russia and the NIS. I
do not know the reason (Europe seems to be more Linux-centric) but I
certainly appreciate it very much! Unfortunately, here at the uni people
tend to grasp it quite slowly that there is more to opensource software
than Linux, although it is already positive that many have switched away
from RH to Debian... but I stop here, this is not a flame list:-)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University