Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:03:31 +0100
From:      Phil Reynolds <phil@tinsleyviaduct.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Centrino - Made for Microsoft Windows XP?

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 02:39:12PM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> So I guess my question is this: Has anybody here gotten FreeBSD 5.2.1 to install on a Centrino laptop? If so, did you need to do anything special to make it work? Any tips, tricks or hints I should try? Or should I just wait for FreeBSD 5.3 to come out and hope it works? Or should I file a PR?

Well, I haven't tried FreeBSD on my Centrino-based machine but use Linux
on it with no problem, as far as every day operation goes. Wireless
networking is a little unreliable but still very usable. I use a 2.6
kernel.

If I had another machine of the same type, I would try FreeBSD for you -
not heard of anyone doing so though.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil@tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95