Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:03:05 +0200
From:      Aleksander Dutkowski <adutkowski@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org, Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
Subject:   #9 Status Report - FreeBSD/arm on BeagleBoard-xM

hello!

This week I ran into a problem. USB driver is using gpio driver and
while locking the gpio mutex [1] in function ti_gpio_pin_setflags(),
it causes "Fatal kernel mode data abort: 'External Non-Linefetch Abort
(S)'".
It is triggered by instruction LDREX in atomic_cmpset_32() [2].
rayddtmhm have the same problem (Raspberry-Pi Broadcom/BCM2835
(ARM1176JZF-S core) )

So, if we won't find any solution in a couple of days, I'll start
working on DVI chip driver, and come back to this later

[1] https://socsvn.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2012/aleek/beaglexm-armv6/sys/arm/ti/ti_gpio.c
[2] https://socsvn.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2012/aleek/beaglexm-armv6/sys/arm/include/atomic.h

--
pozdrawiam