Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:00:03 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/i386 nexus.c

At 10:12 AM 10/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>peter       1999/10/19 10:12:29 PDT
>
>  Modified files:
>    sys/i386/i386        nexus.c
>  Log:
>  Remove pccard attachment stub, this caused pccard unit 0 to be allocated
>  and unusable by the pccard system since pccard doesn't attach to the
>  nexus any more.  This was stopping my 3c589D from working as pccard unit
>  0 is used directly for resource allocation and this fails when unit 0
>  isn't actually attached to anything.
>
>  Revision  Changes    Path
>  1.21      +1 -6      src/sys/i386/i386/nexus.c

Thanks. While I do not really understand the implications that the code
you removed from nexus has upon the pccard drivers, it seems that with
this patch, I still can't get my PC-Card (3Com 3C574B, which worked under
an earlier -CURRENT build) to work (i.e., I am still getting devclass
problems that ignore pcic0, pcic1, and instead use the next device.. as
you indicate your problem was). I suspect it may be because of a problem
during the kernel build: in dev/ep/if_ep_pccard.c, line 239, in function
ep_pccard_intr, there is a return with no value whereas the function is
non-void..:

static int
ep_pccard_intr(devi)
    struct pccard_devinfo *devi;
{
    struct ep_softc *sc = ep_softc[devi->isahd.id_unit];

    if (sc->gone) {
        return; // This should have a return value. Suggest 0? But I'd
			// have to do a cxref to see what funcs call this.
    }

    ep_intr((void *)sc);

    return(1); // like this one.
}

Thus, if ep_pccard_intr (my 3C574B depends on the ep0 driver, so I
figured this may have some effect on it not working) is an important
function (I suspect your 3C589 depends on it), then perhaps this is
why I'm unable to get my pccards working?

However, since this is a fundamental pccard problem and does not
appear limited to the ep driver, it seems like something else
broke between September 29 (10:00 AM) and today. I will look
through the last 2-3 weeks of commit logs on the kernel relating
to pccard to see if i can dredge anything up.

Thanks.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>