Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 1997 14:45:30 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Current as of dec,. 2nd, questions

> I apparently had to much to much free time on my hands today
> and decided, out of boredom, to cvsup current.
> I was shocked to find that buildworl actually finished :) with no
> problems.

Buildworld doesn't install anything.

> My questions come down to config, on a new -current SMP kernel.
>
> 1) And i'm not real concerned with this one, # config OPSYS
> Removing old directory ../../compile/OPSYS:  Done.
> files.i386: i386/isa/npx.c must be optional or standard

You should be; this is an  indication of your problem.

> npx is in my Kernel config file. So i figure its just a minor glitch.
> Am i wrong or is this going to blow up after i fix problem 2?
>
> 2) My compile directory is apparently missing the Makefile to build the
> kernel. Is this just bump in the road for todays -current src?

No.  It's missing because it's meant to be generated by config, but the
error in 1) is config blowing chunks and not producing stuff.

You have to run the installworld phase (or at least use the new config)
before you can generate your new kernel.

mike