Date:      Sat, 14 May 2022 16:51:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Altering the default keyboard shortcut to quit Firefox

On Sat, 7 May 2022, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Recent versions no longer quit on CTRL-q. They pop up a confirmation
> request. Started in 98 or 99.
>
> On Sat, May 7, 2022, 08:51 Sean C. Farley <scf@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> I would like to propose an option to change the keyboard shortcut to
>> quit Firefox from Ctrl-Q to Ctrl+Shift-Q.  It is a simple patch, but
>> I do not know how people would react to it.  The benefit is that it
>> removes the "feature" of accidentally quitting when only desiring to
>> close a window or tab (Ctrl-W).  As you can see from the patch, this
>> is the default for Windows, so it is not unprecedented.
>>
>> I used to use userChrome.css to change it, but I have to resort to
>> modifying the code due to limitations of more modern versions.
>>
>> Is this something that would be accepted?  I wrote the patch to
>> always be applied, yet it can be changed to be behind an option.

Thank all of you for the replies.  I did not realize that Firefox had
finally straightened out the confirmation on quitting.  It used to quit
without confirmation if there was only one tab, which got annoying for
me.

Anyway, I think I will stick with the patch for myself since I have
gotten used to its behavior over the years.

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org