Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:04:18 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        "KAROLYN LEWIS" <creamycoffee@msn.com>, Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

On Sunday 16 March 2003 06:56 pm, KAROLYN LEWIS wrote:
> MY question is: Can you give me a step by step instruction on how to
> download the unix program to my "d" drive.  I am running W'ME on a Pentinum
> III, 500MHz system.  I have two hdd.the second one being my 'd' drive which
> is a scsi and very bare.  I have printed out your instructions but I am

wel make sure there really is nothing on that drive if you want to install to
it.  It will be easiest for you if you just install to the whole drive.  Dont
choos dangerously dedicated.  When you see the list of drives to install to,
it should be the second one.
Make sure you have all the data on both drives backed up because if you choose
some wrong options you really could wipe a lot out.

> stuck on the "arch and version".  Where do I obtain this information.  Any

Well a pentium is an i386 architecture and you probably want 4.7 release for
now.  The instructions really are in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

so if you have more questions you may want to try to describe your problem a
little more clearly and show what section in the install instructions is
confusing you.

Good luck,

	Tim