Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:39:05 +0500 (YEKT)
From:      "Fatkulin B. G." <fatkulin@mail.cgu.chel.su>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   using iso-8859-6 codeset under FreeBSD

Dear Friends, I use FreeBSD 4.1 Stable.
This is good system.
Using Russian (koi8-r) and English is perfect.
Now I began to surf through Arabic segment of Internet and
I need to use Arabic codeset (iso-8859-6) and sometimes
windows-1256(Arabic).
My lynx browser supports this codesets giving Arabic in Latin ASCII and
this is perfect. I like it for my ArabTeX.
But ordinary console (I use perfect vi editor) gives me an abracadabra.
Could you give me an advice how to settle my FreeBSD console for
this codesets?

With Respect from Russia.

Izmailo Bulatovich.