Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 1996 22:46:17 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   modified tools outside of kernel source tree

I have a tweaked version of config that knows how to reserve device_id
slots for the ipi interrupts.

I figured the best thing to do with it in the short term was to import
a version of config under a "tools/config" directory in the smp tree and
apply my tweaks there.  These changes are not essential at this point, but
are useful to have.  Once it's settled down a bit, we can move the
changes to -current so we don't have to have two seperate versions of
config.  The "smp aware" changes do not affect operation on the standard
kernel and build tree.

I imagine Steve would also like to put his mptable.c code under the tools
directory too.

Does this sound OK?

-Peter