Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:33:37 -0700
From:      "Ray" <ray@stilltech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail server recomendations (was:  is the list the right place to ask?)

> On 2/10/07, Ray <ray@stilltech.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Just wondering if this list is the right place to ask for suggestions
> for
> > what package to use for various purposes?
>
> Yep... what did you have in mind?

I'm looking for a package (or set of packages) that would provide a mail
server with the following capabilities

minimally:
pop and smtp access that could handle 20 to 100 domains and 200 to 2000
mail boxes.(allowing some room for future growth)

ideally: also provide a web interface for individual users and also for
administration on a per domain and whole server level.
we have several customers that need to be able to administer their own
domains, (Read this as I don't want ten calls a day saying "I forgot my
password") but we don't want them touching others accounts.

spam and virus scanning would be a definite plus, but from what I have
read, these two parts are fairly straight forward.
We have recently changed the web server from M$ to FreeBSD and now we're
trying to change the mail server too.
Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.
Ray