Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:41:56 +0100
From:      Charlie Clark <charlie@begeistert.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: in regrade to yr Sony LPt

On 2003-03-17 at 14:24:46 [+0100], Keith Schmauss wrote:
> Sir, I found out some info relate to problem;;;
>
> please look at this web site it's not freebsd but linux,, and in some
> cases they nearly samess in function
> the web site is >>>
> http://dafe.de/vaio/ it chat are your laptop and some configure for your
> XFree86 setup
> hope this help

Thanx for the tip. It won't work directly with that: doesn't like the mouse
but I seem to be getting further.

I get (EE) Generic Mouse: Protocol "ImPS/2" is not supported on this
platform
and (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"

Then Fatal Server Error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

and then
X connection to 0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
xauth (argv):1 bad display name.

Does that make any sense to anybody?

Charlie