Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:47:46 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Dmitrij Tejblum <dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: msdosfs win95 long file name support

In message <199712230043.DAA02018@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru> Dmitrij Tejblum writes:
: But what if someone enthusiastic about a merge? :)

I'd say we let them succeed or fail.  If the first effort gives us an
incremental improvement over what we got, let the merge happen.  If it
just so happens they are good at keeping up with NetBSD and/or making
fixes to the code, we come out even more ahead.  We've reached the
point on msdosfs that it would be hard to make things worse than they
are right now.

Warner