Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:11:50 -0500
From:      exidor@superior.net (Christopher Masto)
To:        spork@super-g.com (spork)
Cc:        steve@vic.cioe.com (Steve Ames), shovey@buffnet.net, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USR Total Control

spork writes:
> We were as close as signing a lease agreement to buy four of these, and
> then USR's "devel team" told the salesperson they would have to charge
> $7000 to compile their special Radius to run on FBSD, and they still
> weren't sure if it could be set up with a menu so users could select ppp
> or an rlogin into our shell machine.  It dragged on for 4 months with no
> resolution, so we dropped it.  I even offered access to a machine here for
> them to use for development and mentioned that lots of ISPs use FBSD,
> Linux, etc.  They only support Solaris and NT (blech).

What did you end up with?  It seems that the Livingston PortMaster 3
works better than the Total Control, at less than half the cost (and
VERY inexpensive if all you need is ISDN).

Ours is working like a charm, anyway.
--
Christopher Masto  .   .   .   .   Superior Net Support: support@superior.net
chris@masto.com  .   .   .   .   . Masto Consulting:           info@masto.com

On Animals, the Reason For:
 I believe that mink are raised for being turned into fur coats and if we
 didn't wear fur coats those little animals would never have been born.  So
 is it better not to have been born or to have lived for a year or two and
 to have been turned into a fur coat?  I don't know.
 - Barbi Benton, ex-Playboy bunny turned actress