Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:04:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An Update on- 'Panic in FFS/4.0 as of yesterday - update'

:I've taken a kernel source as of of today, added your patches on top, used
:a CCD to build a 120GB disk partition (2 raid units), and have resumed
:testing with my stuff again.
:
:If that all passes reasonably well (so far so good- 32 processes, each
:writing 2GB files- getting a range of 15-25MB/s on the CCD)- what's the
:likelihood of getting it checked in?
:
:-matt

    Well, I would hope 100% likelihood.  The VFS/BIO/NFS patch is the only
    major bug-fix patch of mine that has not been committed into -4.x yet.

    The new 'VN' device for -4.x ( the current one is broken due to other
    VM changes ) has also not yet been comitted.

    Both are waiting for final approval/review.  Core is being slow.  I have
    no time frame for backporting the recent (last 30 days) worth of committs
    from -4.x to -3.x - that is up to core too as it currently stands.  There
    is nothing I can do about it.

    I have a preliminary patch for the read/mmap/open deadlock too.

    --

	http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD4/

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon