Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 22:55:14 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: startoffice 5.1 CD installation problem

On 8/26/00, 11:43:03 PM, Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> wrote=20
regarding startoffice 5.1 CD installation problem:

> All,

> i got original Sun CD with staroffice 5.1. the problem is that i could=
=20
not
> install it. i did

> # cd /usr/ports/editors/starofiice5
> # make USE_CDROM=3Dyes WITH_CDROM=3Dyes install
> =3D=3D=3D>  Installing for staroffice-5.1a
> =3D=3D=3D>   staroffice-5.1a depends on file:
> /compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libc.so.5 - found
> StarOffice 5.1a (Sun Version) Personal Install How-To

> Written By:
> Darren Wiebe
> dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com

> Make install will preform a network installation of StarOffice 5.1a.
> Once that is done, run make install-user, as the user you usually=20
login
> as and do a standard workstation install.  It will now be ready to=20
use.

> Good Luck

> _X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for local
> _X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for local
> _X11TransOpen: transport open failed for local/fly.private.org:0
> setup.bin: cannot open display ":0"
> Please check your "DISPLAY" environment variable, as well as the=20
permissions
> to access that display (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)
> *** Error code 1 (ignored)

Dear Maksim Yevmenkin,

I may be wrong, but I am afraid you have not installed StarOffice from=20
**within** X. If this is indeed the case, you should first launch X=20
(e.g. KDE), open a terminal window, and perform the installation.=20
Incidentally, Staroffice can be integrated into KDE.

BTW, if you need to record your sessions, script(1) may be of help.

Best regards,
Salvo