Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:11:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, jc@irbs.com, current@FreeBSD.org, FAQ@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 update

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > > NO.
> > NO?
> > I think he has it right eventhough he says it a bit oddly..
>
> Well, odd or not, -stable is not -current at any sense.  -current is
> an entirely separate branch, and "-release" doesn't even exist.
> I don't see how any answer other than "no" would have been
> correct! :-)

	Sorry I wasn't asking the question more clearly but what I meant
is isn't the -stable like branch off -current and then when -stable
becomes the next -release version, wouldn't the src tree for supping just
be the -current tree for development of future releases or will future
releases simply be bugfixes to the last release?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin