Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:13:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>
To:        Josh Welborn <freak_on_leash_14@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hi there,

FreeBSD and Windows can easily run on the same machine.  The default boot
loader that FreeBSD uses (Easy Boot) can prompt you when you boot your
machine which operating systeme you would like to load.

As far as running the same programs goes, yes and no.  Some programs have
a FreeBSD port (Netscape, Word Perfect etc...)  There are also Windows
emulators which enable you to use many of programs that you could normally
only run in Windows.

I've been using FreeBSD for a few years and still have yet to run into a
major jam where I say to myself "I can do this in Windows but not
FreeBSD".

Cheers,

		-Chris England