Date:      31 Mar 2003 13:33:32 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla with Xft crashes a lot: FIX

--=-IWPYL5geoSJQOJjj2Vas

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 13:20, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On 31 Mar 2003 13:14:36 -0500
> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Great!  Thanks!  Have you submitted this to Mozilla?  If so, what is
> > the bug ID?
> >=20
> > Joe
>=20
> No I did not. I thought I will give heads-up to our gnome@ people and
> they'll figure out the best way to fix the bug. It's not like I know too
> much about all this fontconfig/Xft/freetype combo and the patch I
> prepared is is a quick and dirty solution. The better way to is to limit
> fontconfig pattern to return only Xft-compatible fonts somehow, but I
> would not know how and I have no time to figure that out :)

This can be done using fonts.conf, but Mozilla should not crash if the
user makes a mistake.  Filing a bug with Mozilla would be a good thing.=20
You could list the websites that break, and show them your patch.  That
may inspire them to come up with a better solution.

Joe

--=20

--=-IWPYL5geoSJQOJjj2Vas

--=-IWPYL5geoSJQOJjj2Vas--