Date:      08 Dec 97 11:17:49 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Console Login

At 08 Dec 97 08:33:16 bpepa@freight.msn.bc.ca  wrote regarding Console Login

 b> This may sound goofy, but I've been leaving my terminal on all
 b> night (logged in as myself) and have a script that will write a
 b> message to myself (write bpepa d1 < wakeup) executed by cron in
 b> the morning, that makes my terminal beep (loudly) as an alarm
 b> clock 'till I kill the script. It would be more energy efficent
 b> if I put my terminal on a timer to turn on in the morning, but it
 b> doesn't work unless I'm logged in.

Why not just send bell-characters to the terminal-device in the cronjob? No need to be logged in.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---