Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:53:06 +0100
From:      pb@fasterix.freenix.org (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        pb@fasterix.frmug.org (Pierre Beyssac), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the sound driver and the OPTi931 chip

Luigi Rizzo writes:
> My "new" driver (device pcm0 ...) works perfectly with this card. I
> used it for development. The card itself has a bug in that ulaw does
> not work natively, and the driver emulates it using unsigned 8-bit.

Many thanks, it works!

Seems to work like a charm (the only surprising thing is that it declares
itself as pcm1 instead of pcm0 but I assume that's to be expected).
--
Pierre Beyssac	      pb@fasterix.frmug.org pb@fasterix.freenix.org
{Free,Net,Open}BSD, Linux : il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher