Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:06:33 -0700
From:      Mike Makonnen <makonnen@pacbell.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting resource limits out from under Giant

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:16:32 -0700
Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> wrote:

> Cool!  Are you sure that no one can come in and mess with some other
> process's p->p_limit structure?  If so you may need to protect
> it via the proc lock.

Hmm... looks like I missed one. The vm system touches it. Other than
that,
it looks like all other references are just reading from it.

In the case where there's a chance I might switch plimits structures
I do a proc lock in addition to locking the limits structure. Otherwise,
if all I'm doing is changing the value of one of the limits I only lock
the
limits structure itself. Is that not enough?

Cheers,
Mike.