Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:43:47 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        "Jason T. Miller" <jasomill@shaffstall.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yamaha CDR100 and FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:04:36PM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:10:21 -0500, Jason T. Miller wrote:

> >   Finally, I do realize that some OEM-modified CD-ROM drives allow a
> > 512-byte block size, then do the deblocking of 2048-byte records in the
> > drive. This was to maintain compatibility with hard drive code that was
> > dependent on a 512-byte block size. Are these drives supported now, and is
> > anyone using them? I don't think I have any, though I do have an old SunCD
> > that may or may not do it; haven't checked yet.

The older Sun drives are 512, without jumpers. I have succesfully used the
the Digital RRD4x series CDROM drives who are also 512 b/s (some have a
512/2048 jumper, but only the newer ones). The work just fine for me with
512 b/s selected.

--
Wilko Bulte  	 			http://www.freebsd.org
wilko@freebsd.org			http://www.nlfug.nl