Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 02:06:59 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Vrist?= <inbox@seet.dk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netgear MA401 in my laptop with Freebsd 5.0release

Hi..
My laptop with 4.7 stable could easily load the pcmcia card from a
generic kernel, just with a pccardd run.
On 5.0release, generic kernel, it says cbb0: Unsupported card type
detected, even though no card is loaded..
With a oldcard kernel it only freezes when the card is inserted, but it
still doesn't work (if booted with it in)
I tried booting with out the acpi thinking it might be that (pressing a
key when saying boot kernel, and the typing unset acpi_load). That
didn't help..

Can i just leave out the card thing from the kernel, and that way make
it more 4.7-stable gerneric kernel like,and thereby making it work?

heres the dmesg from 4.7 which worked:
pcic0: <Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 10 at device 5.0 on pci1
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x88000000
pccard0: <PC Card 16-bit bus (classic)> on pcic0
<snip>
pccard: card inserted, slot 0
wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 10 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:09:5b:27:f6:b1
wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873
wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.00.07, Station 1.03.06

And the dmesg with a oldcard kernel with the unset acpi_load:
pcic0: <Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 10 at device 5.0 on pci1
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0xe3800000
pccard0: <PC Card 16-bit bus (classic)> on pcic0

I Reallyt would appreciate any help with this, so that i might be able
to use both my wifi card and acpi

Kind regards
Søren Vrist