Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 1996 16:42:17 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "JULIAN Elischer" <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, cat@ghost.uunet.ca, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advice/Recommendation needed

> last I looked America was a continent and not a country..

Nope, it says right here in our constitution that we get all rights to
the name - there's a little (tm) symbol right after it, the first
recorded use in our history, in fact.  We licensed it from Amerigo
Vespucci's estate for $500 in silver and a plate of pasta (al dente')
with clam sauce.  Nyah nyah nyah.  The Canadians are just sore because
they didn't file for it first.

It's also a little-known fact that the first ever trademark dispute
was, in fact, with Mexico, who refused to acknowledge our trademark
and was putting up big signs on the border saying "Welcome to the
*real* America!".  We subsequently won the suit, along with New
Mexico, Texas and most of California.

					Jordan