Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 08:56:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Jane Ranola <acep@mozcom.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrating MAC Workstations

In the future, please direct this sort of question to
questions@freebsd.org.

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Jane Ranola wrote:

> with no hassle but my primary concern is that I cannot MAP the shared
> folders and I cannot CAPTURE the server's line printer. If you don't mind

What you want is netatalk.  There are two parts to this.  First,
you need to build a custom FreeBSD kernel that has the line

  options NETATALK

in the config file.  See the FreeBSD handbook for information on
building and installing new kernels.  Then you need to install
the "netatalk"  port from the ports collection.  This includes
appletalk file and print server software.  You can also print
from FreeBSD to appletalk printers using it.

-john