Date:      Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:20:48 +0100
From:      Alexander Coers <alexander.coers@gmx.de>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Fixed virtual box driver (drm_v5.4.144_6), sort of

Hi everyone,

Since I wanted to know how all things are working out between FreeBSD, =
DRM and Linux, I skimmed through the source and tested a lot with FBSD13 =
running in Virtual Box 6.x on FBSD13 host. Now I fixed the Makefiles and =
found the issue for the kernel panic which happens directly after =
Within X11 everything looks now okay, multiple monitors as well as =
different resolutions work, but in the console there is still a bug =
making it unusable:
You can=E2=80=99t see any output, the console is frozen. If you force =
the repaint of the virtual machine window (moving other windows around =
or open the =E2=80=9Eabout dialog=E2=80=9C of Virtual Box), the output =
is drawn. So console works, but the framebuffer output seems to have =
issues.
Do you have an idea where I could look to fix this issue? Is there any =
more documentation on how DRM works?
Also, how should I provide the fix? Diff here in the list, or PR in =
Github?

Best,
 Alexander