Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 15:31:46 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help! apache doesn't send cgi's output...

Jonathan M. Bresler scribbled this message on May 14:
> John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> >
> > well.. tssia...  try http://www.freebsd.org/~jmg/cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi
> > and even though you can get perfect output when run it manually, and
> > apache doesn't report any errors...  so I'm quite puzzled why it doesn't
> > output...
>
> John-Mark,
> 	this looks quite promising!  may i make a couple suggestions?
> 	create drop down lists for most (all?) data fields with an
> 	option of other.  other lets them type somehting in.  this
> 	should increase the usefullness of the data by reducing
> 	the number of mistyped or misrememberd entries.

heh.. sure.. won't be hard...  I guess I should make one that would be
generic for FreeBSD hardware too...

> 	would be nice to be able to search the database using
> 	miniSQL ;)

well.. it shouldn't be that hard to adapt to SQL...  just never done
any SQL programming... Doug, you have an easy example to use?

I was thinking about creating an index along side this databae so that
we could do indexing/sorting easier...  if someone is interested in the
source for the cgi... just mail me... you'll be surprised how simple it
is... :)

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD