Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 01:19:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linuxdoc & SGML questions

Hi there. Myself and Chris Coleman have started work on a "Newbie FreeBSD"
book project, intened for first time Unix/FreeBSD users/sysadmins.

We want to write the thing in SGML, and so far have been using sgmls and
sgmlfmt to format the sgml files into html. We've been using the linuxdoc
DTD... Before we go too much furthur, I thought I'd ask if there are
alternative?

I can remember some talk about "docbook" or something. I couldn't find any
info on it however.

Any pointers to SGML related stuff usable under FreeBSD would be greatly
appreciated.

-Mark

Oh, you can check out what's ready so far by browsing:
http://vinyl.quickweb.com/~chrisc/docs/docs.html

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
	University degrees are a bit like adultery: you may not want to
	get involved with that sort of thing, but you don't want to be
	thought incapable.	-Sir Peter Imbert