Date:      27 Oct 1997 10:16:57 +0100
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ac199@hwcn.org, tg@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/games/tksol/patches patch-a ports/games/tksol/pkg         PLIST

asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) writes:

>  * Namely /usr/local/share/games/tksol.
>  *
>  * Would /usr/local/libdata be more/as appropriate?  There must be
>  * other tcl programs in the same situation of wanting a tcl-version
>  * independent directory, not all of which may be games.
>
> share/games/<foo> is fine for text files.  For non-text files, I would
> just put it under lib.

I'd even put architecture-independent files under share/ (actually, I
already do that in the python port). This distinction between text
files and other arch-independent formats always sounded a bit
far-fetched to me. libdata/ could go, as I see it.

I agree that arch-dependent files should go to lib/.

tg