Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2016 10:39:53 +0100
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com>
Cc:        Luca Pizzamiglio <luca.pizzamiglio@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Bernard Spil <brnrd@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: net/haproxy 1.7.0 : libressl support

> On 9 Dec 2016, at 11:51 AM, Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> If they reject it and refuse to support libressl for some reason, we =
will not add your patches too, because this is not something =
FreeBSD-specific.

Strongswan developers said similar things.  Unfortunately,
we have very good support of LibreSSL in the FreeBSD ports
tree since 2015.  No reason to flush this down the toilet,
not yet anyway if the patches work.

We used to have this patch, it still fixes strongswan,
likely fixes haproxy 1.7:

https://github.com/opnsense/ports/commit/7e8ea59cabc

I brought this up with LibreSSL developers, some other
users from different BSD projects noted this needs fixing
too.  We're not there yet, but we can find a solution if
everyone does their part in embracing choice for users.  :)

Cheers,
Franco=