Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 2020 19:59:46 +0100
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org>
Cc:        gnn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 12.2-STABLE: Commit 367740 breaks IMAP/SMTP server authentication

<trashcan@ellael.org> wrote:

>> P.S. How may I update a local svn copy and simultaneously omit commit =
367740 from being applied, or how may I revert commit 367740, only?
>=20
>=20
> =46rom the top of my head you can do something like:
>=20
> Assuming your svn checkout is in /usr/src:
> cd /usr/src
> svn up
> svn diff -c -367740 | patch
>=20
> This will get the reverse of commit 367740 (because of the -) and =
patch the code with it.

Thanks, someone else pointed me to:

	svn merge -c -367740 .

Worked as expected.

Well, now I am able to omit this commit, but I would love to know what =
is going on, and why this commit may break 'authentication/certificate =
exchange/what so ever' of IMAP and SMTP/submission clients running in a =
VNET jail ...

With kind regards,
Michael=