Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 01:30:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      Niklas Saers <beren@saers.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: miroMEDIA PCTV and Matrox Millenium

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Randall Hopper wrote:
>     1) you're not running in a direct color mode (e.g. 8bpp),

Right. My mode was not direct video compatible. Any reason why?  I mean,
it gets mode 4 or something which said no to direct video. It's just a
startx -- -bpp 24 which makes 1158x768 or something at 100 Hz, 24 bit
colours.

>     3) that the XF86_DGA extension isn't supported on your display.
> Try "fxtv -debug startup".  If you don't see something about "...DGA...failed"

Nope, it works good at version 1.0

> Assuming it is supported, you can try upgrading to XFree 3.3.1 (if you're
> not already running that.

Yepp, that's my XFree86! :)

> is the case, you "won't" see the "Direct Video not supported..." message,

Nah, this just happens from time to time. Other things happening from time
to time is XFree86 all locking up with mouse and all when starting up. Oh,
this has happened when selecting an unsupported format like NTSC.

> so I'm a bit confused.  When you see this message, it means its using
> XImages for image display, meaning you won't see any trash on the screen
> unless there are bugs in your X server.

Well, this ALWAYS happens with the tv app which was on the pages.

> What X server/version is this?

The regular SVGA which has the Matrox support.

Anyways, is there any chance of getting up or making an text-tv app with
this? Is there good documentation for programming towards the bt848? (I'd
like to try working a bit just for fun and to get used to  it. :) )

	Niklas