Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:22:57 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>, "-chat@FreeBSD" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: China loves Linux?

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Here's what often happens, and it happened to me:
> Linux first, then FreeBSD.  Play with the toy first, then move on to the
> real thing.  Yeah, *some* people will stay with linux, but as those people
> migrate towards high-tech jobs and places with servers, they may be
> exposed to FreeBSD and take an interest.

	Agreed, although in my case my only exposure to Linux before FreeBSD
was some botched installs.  I guess I was lucky enough to be able to use
FreeBSD from the start.  And I'm lucky enough to have a boss who is very
happy to have me run FreeBSD on our servers.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu