Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:02:47 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Andreas Longwitz <longwitz@incore.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN4BSD (HPS version) is going into ports

Hi,

The issue about "core show channels" that shows more and more channels,
happens only in Asterisk 1.8.x and is due to chan_capi not updating the
channel name correctly according to how Asterisk expects it being done.

The issue about deadlock should be solved by moving the channel allocation
outside of the CAPI applications lock. Channel free is already outside this
lock. There now will always be a free channel, when no call is pending. Please
also note that the CDR start time might be different than before. That means
it should be set to the time when the PBX thread was started for incoming
calls, not when doing DID (dial in digits), and for outgoing calls, when the
asterisk channel was allocated.

Fixes are available in my I4B SVN repository in the trunk/chan_capi folder.

Please test and report back!

Thanks for valuable feedback!

--HPS