Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 00:51:31 -0800
From:      "Jeffrey D. Weitzel" <jweitzel@best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 294x problem

Hello,

    I'm trying to install FreeBSD off the Walnut Creek CD-ROM, and I'm
not getting very far.

The installation program isn't correctly identifying my SCSI controller
(an adaptec 294x).
The following message is in the system logs during the PCI scan:

pci0:9:1: Adaptec, device=0x7895, class=storage(scsi) int a irq 10 [no
driver assigned]
pci0:9:1: Adaptec, device=0x7895, class=storage(scsi) int b irq 10 [no
driver assigned]

No scsi driver = no hard disk = no installation.

Are there any tricks to force a driver on the scsi controller?

Thanks,

jeff

--

J e f f  W e i t z e l                             Java
Troll Ascension Software                           Perl