Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:40:03 GMT
From:      "Neill R. Robins" <robalama@hotmail.com>
To:        dscheidt@enteract.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit"

From: "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To: "David Scheidt" <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc: "Jonathon McKitrick" <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>,
        "Erick White" <erickw@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us>,
        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:55:20 -0800
Sender: owner-freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

>>It's a big deal if my desktop crashes.  I don't have an hour a
>>week to spend dealing with fiddly crap like that, sorry.  I am
>>FreeBSD box had a hardware failure.  It sucks.  I install an mp3 >>player
>>and have to reboot.  I change my monitor resolution, and have >> to
>>reboot.   And so on.  So I got to waste an hour today with that. >> There
>>is no reason I should have to do anything like this.
>
>I'm sorry you don't like it. If you don't feel the benefits outweigh >the
>disadvantages, stop using it. That's a decision that you, and >everyone
>else, can make at any time.
>
>	DS

There is nothing else to use, and that is what this whole FREAKIN' case is
about.  The market has been tainted since MS has taken questionable action
against would-be competitors.  If it were a competitive market then they
would use somthing else.

You can pull all the economics BS that you want to for the rest of this
list, but with a roommate who is a graduate student in economics, your
arguments fall short.

I have read my last post of this topic.  Coming from a background in machine
upgrading, installing, maintance and "computer question answerer" that
everybody comes to, I, like many others, fight the crap that MS sells to
consumers.  Figuring that it comes from a $100+ billion dollar a year
industry, I would expect a little more, atleast more than a free OS would
provide.

Good day.

-Neill