Date:      Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:19:31 +0100
From:      Mark Nowiasz <buckaroo@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keyboard problems under GNOME 2.12.2

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> If you're still having a problem with this, I suggest you collect any
> console output seen either in ~/.xsession-errors or on your VTY, and
> file a bug in GNOME's Bugzilla (I could not find one).  I did not see
> any change in g-c-c 2.12.2 that should cause this problem.

Unfortunately, there isn't any error in any logfile.

This looks indeed like a Gnome bug: A friend of mine who's running
GenToo Linux has the same problems after updating to 2.12.2.

setxkbmap also fails - I've tried to ktrace setxkbmap, I myself can't
find  the problem - the only thing which looks suspicous is at the end:

  1442 setxkbmap RET   write 92/0x5c
  1442 setxkbmap CALL  read(0x3,0x7fffffffe850,0x20)
  1442 setxkbmap RET   read -1 errno 35 Resource temporarily unavailable

Regards,
Mark
--
Where there's a will, there's an Inheritance Tax.