Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:47:49 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   xchat2 - perl plugin makes xchat2 core dump

uname -a:
  FreeBSD kt.weeble.com 4.10-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.10-PRERELEASE #0:
  Wed Apr 28 14:23:07 EDT 2004
  rpratt@kt.weeble.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  i386

xchat version:
  xchat2-2.0.8_1      An X11 IRC client using the GTK+ 2 toolkit

ports last updated:
  Apr 22 14:17 /usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:.

Note: I am a "casual user" of gnome2 so i did not run the gnome
update script.  A complete list of installed ports can be seen at:

  http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/ports_list.txt

When starting xchat2, I see this failure:

   AutoLoad failed for:
   /usr/X11R6/lib/xchat/plugins/perl.so

   No xchat_plugin_init symbol; is this really an xchat plugin?

It seems to miss finding the xchat-plugin.h but I'm not sure of that.

If I try to load the /usr/X11R6/lib/xchat/plugins/perl.so module,
xchat will immediately core dump.

If its of any use, the core dump is also at:
  http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/xchat.core

I've deinstalled and rebuilt xchat but it makes no difference.
The build output is at:

  http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/xchat_build.txt

Is anyone else seeing this or is it unique to my system?  Any
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Randy