Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2017 19:14:41 +0100
From:      Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
To:        Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling@kev009.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: iflib em/igb on -CURRENT

Hi,

On 09.03.17 13:32, Kevin Bowling wrote:

> Can you share the ofw commands you use to boot?  I have a p505q I will
> use to debug this.  We have to defer interrupts until a handler is
> registered.

You'd need a netboot setup which I tried to describe here.
https://people.freebsd.org/~andreast/netboot_testing_ppc.txt
If you're familiar with, nevermind.

Then, in the SMS menu you have to set certain parameters like
client/server/gateway addresses.

I tried to write down the sequence:
1. SMS
     2. Setup Remote IPL (Initial Program Load)
         1. Port1
             1. IP Parameters
                 1. Client IP Address <-- your input
                 2. Server IP Address <-- your input
                 3. Gateway IP Address <-- your input
             ESC
             2. Adapter Configuration
                 2. Spanning Tree Enabled
                     2. No
                 ESC
                 3. Protocol
                     1. Standard
                 ESC
             ESC
         ESC
     5. Select Boot Options
         2. Configure Boot Device Order
             1. Select 1st Boot Device
                 6. Network
                     1. 1st port NIC

If you need some more help, do not hesitate. I'm not that fast in
responding during the day. $work.

Btw, I put a dual intel nic into one of my G5 and got similar
experiences. When I configure it at boot time it crashes with some
busdma traces. But when I let the boot complete and bring the interface
up afterwards, I can 'network' for a while. It is not stable, I lost the
connection after a while.

Btw, how can I access the diff as a not git user?

TIA,
Andreas