Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 10:33:16 +0100
From:      jg@euronet.nl (Jan_Guldemond)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Automating SLIP with slattach

Hi,

According to the docs I can let slattach redial when connection is lost.
This looks just like what i need.
But when i type:
slattach -a -r 'kermit /usr/internet/scripts/kermit.dialup.dial' -s 115200
-z /dev/modem_dialup

Slattach seems to call kermit quite nice (according to ps). When I redirect
the kermit output (> /dev/console) I see:
host# Mar 23 10:30:49 host slattach[104]: SIGHUP on /dev/modem_dialup
(sl-1); running kermit /usr/internet/scripts/kermit.dialup.dial > /dev/console
?Sorry must SET LINE first
   verbreken telefoon-verbinding

The last line is an echo-line from the kermit-scripts. It's in the middle of
the script. It looks like the rest of the script is executed ok. But because
of the missing SET LINE the modem doesn't responf with OK, zo the script
comes into an infinte loop looking for the OK-response.

The kermit scripts does begin with appr. 10 set... commands among which a
'set line'. When I execute the kermit /usr/in.... command from the prompt
manualy the modem dials ok and logs in.

My question is: Why isn't the kermit scripts executed completely (espacialy
the beginning) when run from slattach?