Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:05:28 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ignacio <izelaya@infovia.com.ar>
Cc:        stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup problem

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 04:00:46PM -0300, ignacio wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I have upgraded 4.1-RELEASE -> 4.2-STABLE via cvsup
> make world, make new kernel, etc etc all fine.
>=20
> But now i  have updated all ports via cvsup an i have problems:
> ----------------------------
> myhost:/usr/ports/comms/minicom# make
> Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this
> bsd.port.mk.  If you have updated your ports collection via cvsup and
> are still getting this error, see Q12 and Q13 in the cvsup FAQ on
> http://www.polstra.com for further information.
> *** Error code 1
> ----------------------------
>=20
> I have read the faq file on http://www.polstra.com
> but i don't see what i'm doing wrong.

<rant> Argh, so much misinformation about this topic! I wish people
would just keep their mouth shut sometimes if they don't know the
answer, and stop spitting out garbage about things like upgrade kits
which don't apply to this problem. </rant>

Those questions really do describe how to solve your problem - please
not removing certain files from your ports collection (it doesn't know
about them, so doesn't remove them) -- the presence of these files is
causing your port build to fail -- and it explains what steps you can
take to fix them.

Kris

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A--